This post may contain affiliate links for which I could earn a commision.
Today we’re going to be reviewing the ThermoPro TP07 Remote Wireless Digital Kitchen Cooking Food Meat Thermometer, this is a wireless meat thermometer, which has a leave in probe. This is especially useful if you do a lot of cooking outside on a grill or even if you just want to monitor a joint in the oven while you are doing other things. We’re going to go over the features and benefits of this thermometer, review why it’s popular and what the buyers think about it, whether they like it or not.
If you came to this page by mistake and just want to buy the ThermoPro TP07 then click here to go straight through to Amazon.com
If you’re not sure about wireless but you want a leave in thermometer, check out this review for a basic digital leave in thermometer or check out our Thermopro TP07 vs TP20 comparison is you want another wireless option
ThermoPro TP07 Review
Let’s have a look at the features and we’ll discuss them:
- ThermoPro BBQ Thermometer with Lifetime Sensor Probe Warranty – Although the sensor probe is rigidly produced, after a long-time period of use, a few amount units could experience incorrect temperature readings problem caused by careless or improper use of sensor probe. We will provide you a brand-new sensor probe, free of charge!
- Hassle-Free Setup: Transmitter and Receiver are pre-synchronized at manufacturing facility, no synchronization/pair required once the item is received. Simply insert batteries included in the package contents and the units are ready for use!
- Meat thermometer for oven has a probe temperature of: 32°F to 572°F (0°C to 300°C), ±1.5°F/0.8°C accuracy. Smart LCD Backlit Screen shows 3 different colors in reaction to different temperature it receives.
- Instant read meat thermometer with 6.5″ food grade stainless steel probe features step-down tip design to get temperature more precisely and quickly. 40″ reinforced stainless steel mesh cable. The long cable length, ensures the transmitter won’t get splashed by oil or liquid.
- Cooking thermometer is programmed with preset temperatures for various cooking levels recommended by USDA – Program, ground beef, ground poultry, BEEF, VEAL, chicken, PORK, poultry, LAMB, FISH; All Preprogrammed Temperatures can be reprogrammed to set cooking temperatures to suit your personal taste.
To start with we have to mention the probe warranty for this Thermopro TP07 thermometer. Thermopro will provide a replacement probe free of charge if there are any problems with it, you can’t say fairer than that.
There are 2 parts to this thermopro meat thermometer, the transmitter part and the receiver part. Unlike when you have to pair something up on your phone with a bluetooth thermometer, this is very simple to set up, you literally add the batteries into the transmitter, then add the batteries to the receiver and they will immediately start to pair up. Add the probe into the socket on the transmitter and you will see a reading of the temperature of your room. There is a range of 300 feet which is quite a long way and should cover the average back garden barbecue distance which makes this one of the best digital thermometers for grilling.
The probe is 6.5 inches long, so should fit easily into any piece of meat and it’s attached to a 40 inch long stainless steel mesh cable, which easily allows you to close the lid of you barbecue on it or to close you oven door on it. It’s long enough that you should be able to put the transmitter far enough away from the oil and juices of the cooking meat. There is a wire hook on the back of the transmitter so you can hang it on somewhere suitable or you can use it as a stand for the worktop, it also has a rubber sleeve case to protect it if it falls.
One of the main complaints about the hand held probe thermometers is the fact that there is no temperature guides for cooking meat so if you don’t know what it should be you have to go on the computer and look it up, but on this thermometer it has some pre-loaded settings of temperatures for different foods. If you press the meat button on the receiver it gives you the choice of ground beef, ground turkey, beef, pork, poultry, veal, chicken, lamb and fish. Quite a range of meats there, it also gives you a choice of how you want it cooked rare, medium rare, medium, medium well and well done. So as you can see if you have no idea what temperature to use, it covers most meat situations.
If you already know the temperature you want to use, there is a manual function for that.
There is a temperature alarm feature which flashes on the receiver. Once the temperature starts to rise it flashes on a blue screen, when it is within 15 degrees of your set level it changes to a flashing green screen, when it reaches your set temperature it flashes on a red screen and sounds an alarm. This is perfect for if you want to set something cooking and don’t want to hover over it. The receiver on the Thermopro TP07 has a belt clip so you can attach it to yourself and not miss the alarm. Hopefully perfectly cooked meat every time. You can also decide which temperature gauge you want to cook with Fahrenheit or Celsius and change it with a press of a button.
There is also a timer on this unit, so if you want to set it to count down a certain time or you just want to set it to count up, it can and give you an alarm when it’s finished.
We think this ThermoPro TP07 Remote Wireless Digital Kitchen Cooking Food Meat Thermometer is a pretty versatile piece of kit and not too expensive either.
People who have bought this thermometer and were sceptical about it’s abilities have been happily proved wrong with what it can do.
The customers think it’s great not having to run out to the grill or oven to check on the meats progress.
Customers highly recommend it. It does what it’s designed to do, at a good price.
The most complaints come from the unit not working after a few times or the temperature fluctuating and not accurate.
One customer mentioned there is a problem if the stainless steel mesh cable touches flame, which is difficult to avoid sometimes on a grill.
The flashing blue screen is distracting if you are cooking for a long time. Can’t reset the timer without taking the batteries out.
This ThermoPro TP07 is a great tool to have in the kitchen, it’s a great unit for a low price and if you are looking for a leave in thermometer you could do worse than try this one.